2017 GRANT RECIPIENT:
“Larissa’s talent is undeniable. Every song… jaw-dropping in its writing and delivery.” ~ Charles Jenkins
Larissa Tandy is one of Australia’s finest emerging talents – a powerful, instinctive songwriter with an arresting voice. Hailing from rural Australia, Larissa came up from the underground of Melbourne’s world class music scene, mining her difficult life for potent stories and spinning them into songs that made their way onto radio in America, the UK, and Canada where the CBC ordained them as “songs you need to hear”.
Filtering the urgent poetry of Patti Smith and the untamed cool of Liz Phair, while fearlessly laying bare her road worn heart, Tandy is carving her own path in the world of modern americana. Her momentum continues to gather, and in 2017 she makes the move to Music City Nashville as the recipient of The Australia Council’s prestigious Nashville Songwriter Residency.
Catch Larissa in Australia in June/July
* U.S. dates to be announced soon!
- Sat 3 June – Murchison, VIC – Parlour Concert
- Fri 16 June – Adelaide, SA – The Wheatsheaf
- Sat 17 June – McLarenvale, SA – The Singing Gallery
- Thu 22 June – Brisbane, QLD – The Milk Factory
- Fri 23 June – Sydney, NSW – Petersham Bowling Club
- Sun 25 June – Camden, NSW – House Concert
- Fri 30 June – Rye, VIC – Baha
- Sun 2 July – Melbourne, VIC – The Gasometer
“Songs you need to hear.” ~ CBC
“Larissa’s talent is undeniable. Every song… jaw dropping in its writing and delivery.” ~ Charles Jenkins
“Welcome to dreamy town” ~ PBS 106.7fm
“When she played her songs, everything else disappeared.” ~ Launch Bubble
“Her rugged, yet sweet voice is one of honest beauty.” ~ Rip It Up
“Raw, edgy and honest.” ~ LOTL
“Welcome to dreamy town.” ~ PBS 106.7fm
“It’s a little bit of this and a little bit of that that makes the sounds of Larissa Tandy so good.” ~ Forte
“Larissa Tandy and Strine Singers strike gold.” ~ MismatchTV